UK: SSAT/Chinese Networks – National Conference 2012
Are you a Chinese teacher and want to learn the very latest best and next practice? Are you a Headteacher or head of MFL that is considering Chinese and want to learn more? Are you just looking for CPD of networking opportunities?
Then book yourself a place at this year’s Chinese Schools Network conference?
When? 18-19 May 2012
Where: Grand Connaught Rooms, London (day 1)/The British Museum, London (day 2)
What is it? Join teachers from across the UK and globally at the largest annual conference of its kind in the UK. This is a key CPD and networking opportunity specifically for teachers of Chinese in schools and all other staff involved in teaching about China. This year's conference will offer inspiration and support for headteachers, senior leaders and primary school teachers, in addition to our popular workshops for language teachers on the best and latest in Chinese teaching from across the UK and beyond. Programme objectives:
· To offer valuable CPD and networking support for teachers of Chinese and China across the curriculum.
· To offer a starting point for schools who are looking to introduce Chinese in their curriculum or develop their existing provision.
What it covers:
· Workshops for school leaders and those looking to introduce Chinese in their school
· Ideas for Chinese at primary and secondary levels
· Practical sessions on teaching Chinese language writing and speaking
· Assessment and accreditation options for Mandarin Chinese
· Keynote presentations from national and international experts
· An exhibition of educational resources
· Regional networking opportunities with Confucius Classrooms
How much does it cost? For more details and how to book go here https://www.ssatrust.org.uk/ssat/Pages/EventDetails.aspx?eventid=SVN1015376
We will be there! The Chinese Staffroom will have a stand on both days so please come along and say hello to Pete.